We're navigating our way in a COVID world, and the way we travel has changed. If you're thinking about traveling soon or are going away soon, we have compiled all the information you need in regards to precautions taking place in airports, hotels, and countries to ensure your safety as you travel.
Airports have enhanced their measures and protocols, so you can expect to see the following:
- Screens; these are in place to protect workers and employees, typically at check-in desks, boarding and gates.
- Hand sanitiser stations; found in various places around airports, you can ensure you can wash your hands at every point
- Announcements; these will be made frequently to remind everyone to adhere to social distancing guidelines
- Seating arrangements; sections may be limited to ensure social distancing is followed, families will be able to sit together in the terminal
- One way; you may find some areas are a one-way system to limit the number of people in one area
- Masks to be worn at all times
- HEPA grade filters on aircraft, you can find out more here
- New policies during the flight
- The crew follow strict guidelines to ensure the safety of all onboard
- Reduced movement while onboard the aircraft
- Reduced interaction between crew and passengers
- Processes for isolation of symptomatic passengers
Many of our hoteliers have outlined what they are doing to ensure protocols are followed to the highest standard. Below you can see a handful of examples:
If you're looking to book your next getaway, get in touch with your Personal Travel Consultant today!